Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cookie-A-Palooza! - Part 1

Its been 4 solid days of baking....including my favorite Sugar Cookie recipe that my Mother had as a clipping from the newpaper circa 1945 - Kris Kringle Cookies. These say Christmas to me!









Kris Kringle Cookies

1 Cup Soft Butter
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
3 Eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda dissolved in 2 Tablespoons of Milk
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
About 5 Cups of Flour

Cream Butter and Sugar.

Add Vanilla, Milk, Soda and Eggs.

Then add dry ingredients sifted with about 3 cups of Flour.

Add enough flour to make a dough that may be rolled.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 8-15 minutes.

- That is directly from the clipping. I find 350 degrees for about 6 minutes does it right for me - watch these as they can burn in a matter of seconds!!

2 comments:

CHRISTIAN MONTONE said...

Ahhh... Festivus!
Mr. Stevers, You should check your lineage. I think you may be Paula Deen's long lost stepson!
Great stuff. Glad you are documenting your process! --CDM

Kathy Biehl said...

How many cookie sheets do you own???