Monday, March 10, 2008

My personal version of "Design on a Dime"

A $10 rummage sale table needed some TLC. Two screws in the base and the table was solid, but the table top - silly me thinking scratch coat could fix that.





Well, I didn't want to strip and sand the table top so I got out my trusty crochet hook and ball of string and went to work....





A bit larger than the table, but the flaws of the top are covered - crystal beads attached to the points of the doily and now it looks like I meant the edges to hang over - cost of doily less than $3.00 and 2 weeks of American Idol and Project Runway.



1 comment:

SillyStud said...

Linus, I just got a STACK of crochet books taht have everything from snowflakes to ruffled doilies. The pineapple table cover is just gorgeous! What a great job you did!

Snoopy